MODERN SLAVERY ACT 2015 POLICY STATEMENT
Advanced Actuators Ltd recognises that slavery and human trafficking remains a hidden blight on our global society. The aim of the Company is to identify our responsibility by alerting staff to the risks, however small, in our business and in the wider supply chain. Staff are expected and encouraged to report concerns to management, where they are expected to act upon them.
We have a multi-disciplined supply chain to support us through the different aspects and provisions of our business.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern day slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. Our Anti-slavery Policy Statement reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
This Policy takes into account, and supports, the policies, procedures and requirements documented in our Integrated Management System, compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007. The implementation and operation of this management system underlines our commitment to this policy statement.
We will ensure that this policy is understood and communicated to all levels of the company, and that it is regularly reviewed by the Directors to ensure its continuing suitability and relevance to the company activities
The Company will achieve these aims by our initiative to identify and mitigate risk in the following ways (But not limited to):-
• More stringent vetting and investigation of our supply chain (contractors, sub-contractors, policies, contracts etc.).
• Continually audit & review our practices for checking all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work;
• We encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
• The company will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking.
• We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values.
For transparency the company will publish the Modern Day Slavery & Trafficking Act 2015 Policy Statement on its notice boards.
This policy applies to all those employed by Advanced Actuators Ltd
Dated: September 28th 2016 Reviewed: September 28th 2017
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Advanced Actuator’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31st March 2017.